The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process of assessing, collecting and appropriate documentation in order to assist the Radiation Oncologist in assessing, treating and following the patient.
· Currently licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia.
· Bachelor degree/associate degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
· OCN certification preferred
· Demonstrate strong communication skills with patients, patient families, colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel.
· Strong organization and leadership skills related to professional nursing practices.
· Must be customer-service oriented
· Professionalism and team-building skills needed to assist physician and staff in providing excellent patient care
· Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes best practices
· Contributes to quality nursing practice.
· Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide quality care to all patients
· Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
· Promotes ethical standards of patient care
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift, support and assist with handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.