After treatment is completed, follow-up appointments will be scheduled so that your radiation oncologist can make sure your recovery is proceeding normally and can continue to monitor your health status. Your radiation oncologist may also order additional diagnostic tests. Reports on your treatment may also be sent to the other doctors helping treat your cancer.
As time goes by, the number of times you need to visit your radiation oncologist will decrease. However, you should know that your radiation oncology team will always be available should you need to speak to someone about your treatment.
Questions to Ask after Treatment Ends
- How and when will you know if I am cured of cancer?
- What are reasons I should call you after my treatment ends?
- What are the chances that the cancer will come back?
- How soon can I go back to my regular activities? Work? Sexual activity? Aerobic exercise?
- How often do I need to return for checkups?